Thursday, January 1, 2015

Dedication of this blog...

This Blog is dedicated in the loving memory of my mother in-law Bernadette Bickert.

She had told me before her passing that with all the traveling that I do, I should write about it so others could benefit from the places I see and the things that I do.

So lets get started...

     Since this week is a holiday week, I'm evidently not traveling but plans have been set for weeks for the following week to travel.  First thing Monday morning I'll be heading to the Des Moines International Airport to catch a Delta flight to Atlanta.  From there I'll be heading to San Antonio, TX and driving to Hampton Inn and Suites in San Marcos, TX.  I'll be meeting up with a co-worker to service a costumer in the area.  It's not the first trip I've ever made to Texas but it will be my first flight into San Antonio.  My choices were Austin or San Antonio and the layover in Atlanta was a little more favorable flying to San Antonio.  Now of course I am a little bias towards flying Delta, being a Diamond Medallion and all.  For the record, I have flown the other airlines out of DSM and Delta is the best choice for getting to where I want, when I want.  My co-workers tend to fly Southwest which is fine but the flights out of DSM are limited.  They agree that I should stick with what works.  Now my boss, who lives near Atlanta, is a Delta fan since Atlanta is their main hub.  Hopefully I will still be able to contribute to some knowledge of airports, hotels and restaurants just the same.  Last year I had 151 segments of flights (sat on 151 different planes) and flew over 125,000 miles.  I've sat in the back, middle and up in first class, rode in the CRJ to the Boeing 767 and the occasional prop-job with Alaskan Airlines when flying around Washington and Oregon.  I'll keep you informed with what looks to be another busy year for me.

Cheers and Happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment